Deeds and Land Records Attorney in Virginia

If you need help preparing a deed or land record in relation to a divorce or other proceeding in central Virginia, AC Rieman Law is here to help. Due to the nature of the preparation and storage of deeds and land records, having an attorney is recommended. 

Attorney Amanda (“AC”) Rieman Sarago at AC Rieman Law has the appropriate Virginia State Bar number that needs to be present on the document in many cases. Given the complexities and subsections in the documentation, having an attorney helps ensure that the process can flow quickly and correctly. Amanda Rieman Sarago also runs her firm with a basis of ethical beliefs and values and offers affordable legal solutions, so cost is not a blocker to getting effective legal service.

Land Records staff is prohibited from giving legal advice and does not provide deed forms, so it is encouraged to work with an attorney when this documentation is needed. While it is possible to write these items up yourself, they may be rejected if not properly prepared. 

AC Rieman Law provides deed and land record attorney services in Central and Northern Virginia, serving Culpeper, Fredericksburg, Charlottesville, Front Royal, Manassas, Fauquier County, and surrounding Virginia communities. 

Quitclaim Deeds Lawyer in Virginia

Quitclaim deeds are most often used to transfer property between family members, as gifts, placing personal property into a business entity (and vice versa), or in other special or unique circumstances. 

Quitclaim deeds are often used in divorce, whereby one spouse terminates any interest in the jointly owned marital home, thereby granting the receiving spouse full rights to the property. For example, when one spouse acquires the marital home in a divorce settlement, the other spouse could execute a quitclaim deed eliminating their interest in the property and transferring the entire claim to the other spouse quickly and inexpensively.

A quitclaim deed must be filed with the state of Virginia to be effective. If the quitclaim deed is not filed with the state, it won’t hold up to any future claims made on the property in question. 

Call AC Rieman Law today if you are in need of a quitclaim deed. The firm can be reached at 540-764-4762.

Get Your Uncontested Divorce or Legal Matter Settled with an Affordable, Effective Solution.

Skip to content